High Potency Digestive Aid (Vegan) 30
87 in stock
- Anti-emetic (anti-nausea) –e.g. beneficial in motion sickness, vertigo
- Anti-ulcer – prevents gastric mucosal damage.
- Anti-inflammatory – inhibits arachidonic acid metabolism i.e. cyclooxygenase and
- lipoxygenase, both inflammatory prostaglandins.
- Analgesic – shown to inhibit the release of substance P a key marker in pain response
- Digestive tonic/Anti-spasmodic – ginger improves gastric motility and soothes digestive
- function, reducing spasm and inhibiting diarrhoea. Thermogenic properties – ginger is noted for its warming properties and may offer benefit in a number of circulatory disorders.
- Carminative – peppermint promotes the elimination of intestinal gas, through (it is believed) relaxation of the oesophageal sphincter, leading to released gas pressure in the stomach.
- Anti-spasmodic – it is hypothesised that the clinical effectiveness of peppermint in the
- treatment of IBS results from the inhibition of the hypercontractility of intestinal smooth muscle, thereby returning normal muscle tone.
- Choleretic – peppermint stimulates the flow and solubility of bile, offering benefits in cases of gallstones.
Dosage: One to three capsules daily or as recommended. Best taken with food.
Potential applications: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), abdominal bloating / intestinal gas e.g. candida, nausea, poor digestion/insufficient digestive enzyme output, anti-inflammatory / anti-spasmodic effects on GI tract, anti-ulcer, anti-microbial, anti-odour i.e. helps deodorise the intestinal tract. Digestive enzyme supplementation also offers benefit in cases of stress, as normal enzyme secretion is impaired by the influence of stress hormones.
Known contraindications: Not recommended in patients with oesophageal reflux symptoms (due to the effect of peppermint decreasing the lower oesophageal sphincter pressure).
Interactions: None noted.
Useful links: Probiotics (acidophilus), fibre (psyllium), glutamine, licorice, oregon grape root, spirulina (green food blend), grapefruit seed extract.
Directions: As a food supplement, take one to three capsules daily. Each capsule should be taken 30 minutes before food. Or taken as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
One capsule provides:
|Ginger root powder||75mg|
|Peppermint leaf powder||75mg|
|Protease (140 cpu/g)||15mg|
|Amyloglucosidase (240 u/g)||10mg|
|in a base of alfalfa, spirulina and bilberry|
To claim form Medical Aid: NAPPI CODE: 712275001